Friday 17 December 2010

It's that time of year! 2010 favourites...

Gosh, this year seems to have flown by! Can’t believe I will have been married for a year on Monday! Madness. I thought I would do a post about my 2010 favourites before the year finishes, so, in no particular order, here goes…

1) Topshop Brighton Rock lipstick. A pinky orangey coral (!) shade with a matte finish. Only £8, this lipstick is a must-have. Looks great on its own or under a gloss, and doesn’t dry out the lips. Perfect!



2) China Glaze Riveter Rouge nail polish. A gorgeously glittery red shade. I am not usually a fan of red nail polish, but the glitter in this makes it a winner in my eyes. Applies beautifully and lasts well. The first China Glaze polish I tried, the start of my obsession…




3) Lush BIG shampoo (a rediscovery!). The Lush website says that “[Big will] give limp hair the volume it deserves, with seaweed infusion to soften hair and citrus juices for shine. After using Big, your hair will be bouncing back to life.” A perfect description. I used to use this several years ago but stopped as I thought it was getting too pricey, but decided to try it again a month or so back as my hair was looking limp and lifeless. It is expensive, but I think it is worth it. Cost per use is also low, as you only need to use a tiny amount! It also works really well with my favourite conditioner, Lush’s American Cream. 


4) Boots Botanics Rosewater toner. A product for all skin types with a beautiful rose scent. This helps to remove every last trace of make up without leaving behind a residue like other toners sometimes can. My skin is very sensitive and this is perfect for it!

 

5) Urban Decay Naked palette. In my opinion, a perfect collection of neutral shades. What more could you want? Such good value too, as you get 12 full size shades for about £25! Urban Decay says this about the palette; “THIS is how Urban Decay does neutral! Far from a group of boring beige shadows, this long, lean, seductive case is packed with TWELVE gorgeous neutrals. Shades range from delicate champagnes to dark, gritty gunmetal, and feature FIVE NEW shades with names like Darkhorse, Virgin and Buck. We've also included a range of textures: everything from glitter to shimmer to matte.”

 

6) MAC Pro Longwear foundation in NW20. Good colour match, medium coverage, easy to apply and very long-lasting, this foundation is perfect. 



7) Benefit The POREfessional primer. I will quote myself for my short review of this product; "it's a thick, pinkish brown coloured liquid that easily blends into the skin without leaving a trace of colour. It feels very soft on the skin (similar in feel to Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, actually) and smells lovely. You pat it onto the skin, and the effects are instant; pores look visibly smaller, and appear to have disappeared in some cases (although I know they have cleverly been hidden)! I have worn it alone and under make-up, and I have been pore-free for the whole day.” Amazing.


8) Topshop Parma Violet nail polish. Described by Topshop as “fast drying, extra long wear with lasting glossy wet look finish and perfect coverage.” This is a lovely pastel shade, and was the inspiration behind my blog URL so I had to mention it in my end-of-year round up!



9) Andrea Fulerton Gemstone topcoat. About which Superdrug says “enhance the look of your nail varnish colour with this beautiful jewel effect topcoat taking varnish from day to night with dazzling shiny gem like particles.” I love this over navy blue, black and dark purple shades, it gives a really unique and different effect. It also looks really good underneath a matte topcoat. 



 

10) MAC Ever Hip lipstick from the Give Me Liberty of London 2010 collection. A peachy-orange shade with a sheen. Beautiful packaging, beautiful shade, long-lasting. 



Still haven’t managed to find a moisturiser to suit my skin type, which is extremely oily on the nose, dry everywhere else and sensitive all over. Maybe in 2011?

4 comments:

  1. NEED the Pore-fessional. *sweats*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura,

    You might want to try Neutrogena's Oil-Free Moisturiser :) It works for me and I've got combination skin!

    Love,
    Style by Sophia
    http://sophias-style.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, thanks Sophia! I am currently using a Boots No 7 one which is working pretty well (Essential Moisture) but I'll definitely check out the Neutrogena one if it stops working xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile more than the cast of Glee :)

I'll do my very best to reply to everyone ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...