Monday 10 January 2011

An unexpected present, and a craft to learn!

Look what I received in the post this morning, from my lovely friend Kirsty over at The Leopard Anchor...


How lovely?! And completely unexpected. It is two balls of wool, a crochet hook and a copy of a book called The Happy Hooker, along with the most amazing leopard print tissue paper EVER - I must get some of this!

I have spent about 20 minutes trying to start a simple chain stitch and I'm not having much luck... I WILL get the hang of it though, I am determined to make msyelf a granny blanket for our new house!

In other news, I made just under £300 on eBay yesterday, selling 48 of my 66 items. I can't believe it! The money will go straight into our "North America Road Trip" fund so I am not tempted to waste it. It will go some way to filling the hole created by my agency cancelling nine days supply work this term - grrr.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're so lucky! Let me know if that book is any good, I want to learn crochet too! Ooh and a Cath Kidston notecard as well, I recognise that.. I had some for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats lovely! I've been trying to crochet too but I'm not having much luck.

    sarah @ fashbrickroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile more than the cast of Glee :)

I'll do my very best to reply to everyone ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...