Monday 18 October 2010

Nail and Face Haul

Just popped into town as I was bored. Bad idea! I've come home with three new nail polishes and a new skincare regime as the one I've been using has stopped working for me. My skin is fine with skincare regimes for about three months, then it starts to react to the products and I have to start all over again. This time, I've gone for three products from the Boots Botanics range as they were on 3 for 2, and I got 100 extra points too. There was lots of choice, but I plumped for;
  • Skin Brightening Cleanser, which is for all skin types and promises to gently cleanse and renew my skin. It contains sweet maple, bilberry and sweet cane and smells delicious. It was £3.99
  • Rosewater Toner, which is again for all skin types and promises to gently cleanse and refresh. It contains rosewater, amongst other things. You probably could have guessed that from the name... This was also £3.99.
  • First Signs of Aging Face Defence Moisture Cream, which is for slightly more mature skin. I am 27 am beginning to see changes in my skin, so thought this would be perfect. It contains horse chestnut, which apparently protects skin. This was £5.99.
I'll review these after a couple of weeks.

The three nail polishes I got are;
  • GOSH Holographic, £4.99.
  • No 17 Fast Finish in Smokey Marble, £4.49.
  • Me Me Me in Proud, £1.49 as I had a half price voucher.
I also sampled Benefit's Pore-fessional, which claims to minimise the appearance of pores. I have horrible large pores across my cheeks and have spent YEARS searching for a product to reduce the size, or at least give the effect of smaller pores. My initial impression was very good actually, my pores were visibly smaller immediately after application. It's been on an hour now and I still feel as though my pores are smaller, plus my skin feels very smooth. In a few minutes, I am going to put some make up on over the top to see if it makes application harder as some products I've tried seem to dry the skin up so much that it makes it very hard to apply foundation etc, thus negating any positive effects. So far so good, though. This product may go on my Birmingham half-term shopping list... It's £23.50, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile more than the cast of Glee :)

I'll do my very best to reply to everyone ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...