Monday 30 August 2010

Baking

I love baking cakes, and as today was the annual family barbecue I had a perfect excuse to get in the kitchen and beat the living daylights out of some cake batter. Trouble is, I decided to bake at 12pm and we had to be out of the house by 12.45pm. Cue me running to Tesco to buy eggs, then dashing back to make cake batter more quickly than I've ever done before. Cakes were in the oven by 12.15pm, out at 12.30pm, cooled by 12.40pm and iced/jammed by 12.45pm. Result! The speed explains why the cakes are a bit messy, but I got away with it by calling them "rustic"... They went down a treat, but we made sure to keep two back (each) for supper tonight. Here's a picture;


Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile more than the cast of Glee :)

I'll do my very best to reply to everyone ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...